Saturday, January 4, 2014

Ragnarok

Ragnarok

Br"ðr muno beriaz                         Brothers will fight
ok at bǫnom verða[z]                     and kill each other
muno systrungar                              sisters’ children
sifiom spilla.                                     Will defile kinship
Hart er í heimi,                                 it is harsh In the world
hórdómr mikill                                  whoredom rife
"skeggǫld, skálmǫld                     an axe age a sword age
"skildir ro klofnir"                        shields are riven
vindǫld, vargǫld"                           a wind age a wolf age
áðr verǫld steypiz.                           Before the world goes headlong
Mun engi maðr                                 no man will have
ǫðrom þyrma.                                  Mercy on another                                   

Poetic Edda: Voluspa (wise woman’s prophecy)

So the world spins sinking shifting sand and saline spray
I was never the hand of a child to lead you to dry ground
après moi le deluge*
You’re forever chasing chaos through the sky
Wicked things they pinion high
Refracted in the beveled edges of your sinister machinery
Hell bent on seminal justification
Wolves that swallow the sun
And the moon bleeds ochre stars
Rape the dream to save the nightmare
I am Loki’s fruit sent to sever the hand that fed me
I wait at the end of your pain to consume you
Winnowed chaff in the master’s threshing floor
Abhor me if you will
I never asked for life only peace forever wanes
Take me breathless to the water’s edge
Give me the crave of dreamless sleep
Cast me away on the waves with the wreckage
Set sail where earth and sky begin again
One thrust to create and another to destroy
I am your consequence for claiming the double edged blade
The bitter blue eyed legacy you made
When you bed with beggars and thieves to wake up screaming
devant moi la petite mort
I am forever surrendered to my empty fate
I will wait….
TL Boehm
 10/12/2013
*Thank you Regina Spektor 

No comments: